Survey on training needs
Working from home, the digitization of research, increasingly efficient technological tools… data management is constantly evolving! From collection, in the field, to sharing on web platforms, all kinds of standards and best practices exist to optimize data management. However, it can be difficult to navigate through all of these new technologies, standards and structures, in addition to carrying out our usual tasks.
This is why this month, a survey is launched to identify your training needs, as part of the pan-Canadian Vitality project. This project aims, among other things, to increase the data management capacities of Canada’s ocean community. SLGO will then be able to use the results of this survey to develop completely new training courses for you!
As you may already know, since the start of 2021, SLGO has been offering training in data management, focused on biodiversity data, linking with the OBIS and Darwin Core standards (to find out more about this training, click here).
However, thanks to this survey, we will be able to develop new training themes, for example:
- the management of sensitive data,
- data management by discipline (eg. geology)
- training on FAIR principles (open data) and CARE principles (indigenous data) etc.
To participate in this survey, you have two options:
- Complete the following survey on SurveyMonkey, or
- Email us at email@example.com to us to schedule a meeting where we’ll talk about your situation, training needs and interests.