Navigation 2 - Context
Navigation 2 gives an access to a selection of essential data to support navigation activities on the St. Lawrence River and Gulf.
Navigation 2 is currently available in Beta mode. While we are continuing to develop its functionalities, we invite you to fill out a survey available here to help us to improve it.
The types of data that are currently available on the application are:
- Surface currents of the St. Lawrence River and Estuary. Surface current forecasts are accessed through the Canadian Hydrographic Service (CHS) of Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO). For additional information on this data source, please click here.
- Water Level Data. Water level and tide data are provided by the CHS of DFO. Please click here for more information about this service.
- Atmospheric data. These observations are provided by Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) weather stations. ** Please note that we currently only support the stations in the province of Quebec. Stations in the Gulf of St. Lawrence region will soon be available.
- Marine Forecasts. This marine forecast service is provided by ECCC. It gives access to observations and forecasts of weather, wind, waves and visibility conditions. It also issues warnings for particular weather events such as strong winds or storms. Please visit this website for more information.
Additional data to come:
- Surface current forecasts for the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
- Weather forecasts by cities.