Environmental Data Management System - User Guide
1. User account: Allows user to manage his user account and preferences, you must be logged in to download data.
2. User guide: Link to the application documentation.
3. Language: Language can be changed with a click on the link.
4. Data centers: Different data sources are available, it is possible to display them separately or simultaneously.
5. Type of search: Allows you to choose the type of search that is desired, either by A. data type or by B. sampling mission, which refines other subsequent menus in the application.
A. Search by data type
6. Data type: Section that allows you to filter which data will be displayed according to hierarchical filters: environment and thematic. Depending on the choices made, available variables are adjusted in the menu. It is possible to select all the available variables or only those desired.
7. Period: Allows to precise the search period and the data that will be displayed. The multiannual parameter allows to search seasonally (month-day of the beginning to month-day of the end) for the included years of the period.
e.g.: from 1995-06-01 to 2010-07-30, data of June and July of 1995 to 2010 will be displayed.
8. Elevation: Allows to select an elevation (or a depth in case of aquatic data). Elevation needs to be indicated in positive numbers.
9. Area: Allows to select a predefined area of the St. Lawrence (gulf, estuary, river, Great Lakes) using the drop down menu or to create a personalized area to define an area of interest on the map.
B. Search by mission
10. Mission: Section that allows you to search datasets from a specific mission by its name and associated thematic. Two formats of files are available: CSV or ODF.
C. Search results
11. Search and reset: Allows to start research of data once the parameters have been chosen for each filter or to reset all filters to perform a new search.
12. Datasets: Specifies the number of datasets displayed according to the research.
13. Download all: Allows downloading all the datasets displayed on the screen.
14. Dataset map : Display searched dataset as points on a map. Datasets are regrouped depending on their position and the map zoom current setting. Points are colored depending on the dataset type of access:
- Green – Public access : Data can be downloaded when the user is logged in; data will be sent via email.
- Rouge – Restricted access : The user must send an email request to the data provided to receive the data.
- Orange : the point regroups a mix of publicly accessible datasets and restricted datasets.
15. Information: By clicking on a point, information about this dataset is displayed.
16. Dataset selection: In the case where multiple datasets are associated with the same point, the drop down menu allows to choose the desired dataset.
17. Information sur la mission : By clicking on the mission name, extra information on the mission is displayed.
18. Variables : By clicking on the variables button, all the dataset variables are displayed.
19. Download: Allows downloading only the selected dataset.